Wednesday 14 April 2010

Sadaharu Aoki, Tokyo Midtown, Tokyo

A trip to Sadaharu Aoki is on my TOP 10 list to visit in Tokyo. I've been hearing all kind of praises about him as a pastry chef. He has this talent to pair french classic with japanese flavors, so I really can't wait to witness and sample his creation myself.

There are several boutiques in Tokyo, but we decide to go to the one in Tokyo Midtown simply because we're in the neighborhood.

When I spot a sleek but colorful pastry boutique my heart begins to flutter, oh wow I could die in excitement like for real! Eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk.

Sadaharu Aoki!!!!



















The colorful chocolates.



















Spotted: the famous Macaroons.



















Spotted: the famous Eclair! Matcha Eclair!

But why oh why there's only one type of eclair *cries out loud, I'm hoping for the yuzu, black sesame and caramel.



















Spotted: the famous Bamboo.



















Some other baked goods.

To be honest I am so overwhelmed. I'm having a hard time what to buy *cries in excitement.
Before Tors getting irritated about my indecisiveness, I better choose quick. Mini mini miny moe.



















Our takeaway.

We are still a bit full after having a big lunch, so we decide to eat it later between our strolls.


Strolls. Strolls. Strolls. Strolls. 2 hours later...


Ok. The moment of truth. Now I'm ready to eat you babieesss. Perfect  afternoon weather by the alley of little but charming shops and boutiques :)

Here goes...



















Aaaahhh. What happened to youuu dear eclair au macthaaaaa???
I'm truly sorry for not taking a good care of you *sobbing hard

Hiks. Hiks. Oh well. Still, it doesn't make my appetite any smaller.

Munch.



















Perfect choux pastry soft yet crunchy, perfect thick green tea custard and mild sweetness, perfect thin layer of green tea ganache to add boldness of flavor.

As I eat it, I wait for a natural yet magical reaction to appear within my mind and body. But sadly none appears. I mean this is a high quality eclair but it doesn't blow me away.

Don't get me wrong, it is one hell of a genius creation, and it's delicioussssssss. But it's not my favorite.  I kind of reserved a spot for this eclair to be one of my faves, but the spot is still empty. Maybe I do have a high expectation, too high I assume. Still, I love it and would want to eat it again :)

Next is the Bamboo or Matcha Opera





















Layers of goodness. Rich matcha buttercream, matcha cake and chocolate ganache. Interesting fact is they taste quite balance, I mean the matcha and the chocolate don't overpower each other which I find nice.

Well my happy tummy is now resting, and hope I'll be seeing you again Sadaharu Aoki as there are many beautiful creations of yours I haven't sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment